“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Sunday 7 November 2010

Cockatoo came calling.....

There was a rumpus in the neighbourhood this morning. Not ideal on a Sunday but then I saw what was causing all the noise. This beautiful bird, so I had to forgive it.
He was actually perched just outside our bathroom window.
How special is that?
After seeing this one so close to the house I wanted to know a little more about them.
Apparently cockatoo's are very intelligent and affectionate when kept as pets, and they mate for life, but then I read that it can be like keeping a two year old for life.....eek!
No thank you.
I think Muffypup is quite safe - we'll not be wanting a cockatoo for a pet. Plus I don't think you can beat seeing them perched or flying around free.

Another amazing fact was that they can live up to 100 years old!
I just need to train this one not to do the Flock Call before breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...