“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 2 September 2011

Melbourne voted Best City in the World

I couldn't finish this week without mentioning that Melbourne has been rated the best city in the world to live in, according to the latest global liveability survey from the Economist Intelligence Unit. 
Melbourne topped the biannual ranking of 140 cities with a score of 97.5 per cent.
What more can I say.....

Here's a few photo's that I've taken whilst out and about in the city.
This is Federation Square....the only form of transport I didn't manage to capture in this photo are the infamous Trams.

The Melbourne Cricket Ground or 'MCG' or 'The G'



The Yarra River

The Laneways - have become particularly notable for their acclaimed urban art.



Flinders Street Railway Station at the corner of Flinders and Swanston Streets is the oldest station in Australia (1910) although the first station on this site opened in 1854!



Well as I've said before....I like it anyway!
I'm off to enjoy the weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...