“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 3 February 2017

Blue Tit... PPF & Sunday Sketches

Yay, it's the weekend once again. 
One more week nearer to Spring, although when I look out of the window today, I can see lot's of spring-like images out there. 
After completing a successful RSPB Garden Bird Count last weekend, I decided that I'd add another bird to my current trend of painting the visiting birds in my garden.
(I'm thinking of painting a collection of six birds, so just let me know if there's any particular bird that you think should make the six)

I decided that I'd paint one of the UK's most popular birds... 'The Blue Tit'
Here's are a few photo's of the process

We have an amazing amount of these little cute birds visiting us. 
We've also recently stuck a feeder onto our kitchen window and they are now coming to take the peanuts from it. 
Oblivious to us standing at the kitchen sink!
Not that I want to spend much time in the kitchen sink.
I'll try and get a photo at some stage.
With thick fog outside there was nothing for it, but to enjoy finishing my painting yesterday.

Here's the top 10 results of my own personal count thanks to the RSPB's feedback.
I was pleased because I actually counted 15 different species in that one hour of the count.

Oh yes, and if you would like to see my finish painting of the Firecrest from last week... click here

Okay the sun is shining this morning so I'm off to enjoy the outdoors. 
If you'd like to see some amazing artists from around the world, why not click on the above and enjoy some fantastic art and inspiration.
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up to.
Thanks for visiting.
Bye for now

27 comments:

  1. beautiful painting today Neesie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Christine. I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful painting for spring that is on its way after all this wind and rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well let's hope so Lorraine, unfortunately we're still having wind and rain here today.

      Delete
  3. what a beautiful looking bird! I have pairs of birds called "tufted titmouse" at one of my feeders mostly through winter. I used to have a feeder at my window until the darned squirrel figured out how to get at it and broke it:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look up a 'tufted titmouse' Linda because I'd never heard or seen one before. Thankfully we haven't any squirrels visiting our feeders. I'm not sure why, but I'm thankful as I go through so much seed as it is!

      Delete
  4. Oh Neesie, what a happy and bright little sweetie you've painted! How colourful and such a pretty blue. You have a wonderful way with your art.
    I was really impressed with how many birds you counted. Such a valuable contribution too.
    Thank you for your badge as well.
    A great weekend to you. Bye for now and Happy PPF :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue.
      I must admit I love the colour blue and this little cutie is high up on my list of favourite birds.
      It was fun spending an hour during the garden bird count, watching all of their antics!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hehe thanks NatashaMay,
      I had fun painting him and watching his cute antics on the feeder, whilst taking part in the RSPB garden count.

      Delete
  6. WoW I am just taken back at how your create. It is stunning and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Nicole, to you too for such a lovely comment. To inspire someone is a wonderful compliment. Happy PPF and weekend to you.

      Delete
  7. what fun to join the bird count. Beautiful bird painting! Thanks for last Sunday Sketches visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juana, I have taken part in the RSPB bird count for the last three years... since we came home from Australia. It has been interesting to see the numbers increase. My seed bill has risen substantially too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Debra... the Bluetit is a very colourful cute little bird and one of the reasons why I chose to paint him.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. It is one of the most colourful of our little birds and one of my favourites... although I'd probably say each bird is one of my favourites.

      Delete
  10. So pretty! Can't wait to see the rest of your choices!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how beautiful your bird painting is! I love seeing your in progress views. You had so many bird visitors to your garden, we don't get nearly that many here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks to be a wonderful piece, I like the bird's colors especially blue hue

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely painting! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you are really good at painting birds. I am jealous. Hmmm, now I am wondering how many I could see out my windows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nicely painting tiny bird :) the ones around here are very curious little things

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful watercolor bird and I enjoyed learning something new! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...