“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Monday 8 November 2010

Work in Progress (3)

Yes, finally I've got back to the drawers. I know you've probably forgotten all about them by now, but I've been bumping into them on occasions which have reminded me that they were supposed to be a work in progress. Doesn't that mean there should have been some progress?

Now we've ventured into November, its suddenly dawned on me that my guests will be arriving in Santa's sleigh on Christmas Eve...eek! That's just weeks away and not months anymore. I don't particularly want the guest room to reek of paint and turps.
My guests will have trouble with their jet lag never mind the fumes knocking them out.

Armed with all the tools and a perfect day plus a cuppa to get the job off to a good start...off I went. It was great to be outdoors not only for the fantastic temperature but also the fumes.

Well that was until I noticed someone else was very interested in my work....a little too interested! Pest...

Seven out of ten drawers well under way...phewph...I never realised this was going to be such a big job. It seemed an easy little task when I did the small bedside cabinet.


Argh.....another visitor....you can't move for them. But rest assured I did make sure they were able to fly off, without leaving footprints.

Back to it then.....I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...