“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Sunday 10 April 2011

House Move No.11

Wow what a week that was...
I'm sorry that I haven't posted lately and hopefully you've missed me ;-)
I didn't realise that I wouldn't get any time free for blogging, and before I knew it the whole week and weekend disappeared, so I couldn't give advance warning I'd be away.
The main reason for my absence was I became a headless chicken upon hearing news that the owners of the house we're renting want to move in!

I couldn't believe it initially, as we have never had to leave a house before we decided to, but I suppose that's one of the downsides to renting. (This is the first time we've rented and possibly the last for that reason)
But as the week progressed I've come to terms with it and looking positively forward.
Well, there's not a lot I can do other than start looking at what's available out there and packing asap....
I'm going to try and keep cool, calm and collected over this whole process, but this will be our 11th house move and I know how much effort, expense, organising, patience, understanding, not to mention how tiring it can be.
If anyone out there has useful tips or advice to help this be as painless as possible I'd love to hear from you.
I'm thinking of having t-shirts printed with 'Handle with Great Care' because I think they'll be times when I may either blow a gasket or hide under the duvet till its all over....


I'm sure there's going to be quite a few saga's throughout this process but as long as I can remain cheerful and positive plus have a bottle of gin or vodka handy, I'll get through it....
Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...