“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 28 April 2011

South African Wood

I've began the process of looking and evaluating our possessions for the imminent house move.
Its funny how at certain times or due to different circumstances you can see something in a completely different light or perhaps it reminds you of why it was admired in the first place.
I've always loved wood and this piece certainly holds a few tales within its layers.
It was given to us whilst in South Africa by a friend.

Its supposedly hundreds of years old and it certainly looks like its been around for a while to me.
The textures are incredible and you can even see the grooves and burrows that the residents have made over the years.

I've been meaning to have it mounted onto a plinth to give it the reverence it deserves.

 

Hmm....that reminds me I must go and moisturise.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...