“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 4 August 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever...

I've had such a lovely time this week enjoying the unseasonal warm weather. The temperature actually reached 21 degree's today! Crazy for winter.
So armed with a purse and not afraid to use it, I've visited local garden centres and nursery's wandering in the sunshine, filling trolleys and carrier baskets to the brim, on some occasions only stopping due to weight restrictions. I tried to restrain myself but it was tough. There's always so much I'd like to bring home.
Especially having a garden at last.

Whoever thought to put these little beauties into bright red pots knew what they were doing...
So irresistible
But then I wanted a large strawberry pot to replace one I used to own. Heaven knows where it disappeared to. Lost in one of our moves no doubt.


I did want to put some strawberries into hanging baskets too, so I'll have to revisit the garden centre.
Anyway, I've run out of compost - that's my excuse.


Just look at those flowers....hopefully they'll transform into beautiful, succulent, juicy strawberries soon.
I really must get back into the kitchen soon, there's been grumblings from the troops - "no cakee's" ; (
I know I've been neglecting my baking since the house move, but then the weather is predicted to turn wet next week. I'll make up for it then....
Happy Thursday! 

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous blooms Neesie. I have never seen pink strawberry flowers, only white. So nice to have your comment on my page the other day. I just love the Chester area and of course the Wirral. We take our dog to be groomed up in Neston and often drive up to West Kirby for a walk while we are waiting. Your little pooch is a cutie pie too! Just wanted to drop by and give you a hello from chilly but sunny Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,
    Thanks for your lovely comments. It's great to hear all the familiar names and places. It makes me feel like I've had a quick trip home.
    We also liked to walk in Neston stopping for a quick icecream, if the weather was good.
    Hopefully it will improve for the remainder of your summer ;)

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...