“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Sunday 18 September 2011

Oscar's Law

I have been meaning to post an update on Muffin's progress...after her 'Op'.
She actually recovered extremely well, so well in fact, that she suffered a dislocated knee on Friday running on the ovals. But after another trip to our lovely local vet, she's on the way to a full recovery - hopefully. I say hopefully, because we're supposed to be keeping her quiet and not taking her for her walks until at least Wednesday, to try and give the knee time to repair, but try telling her that!

She's definitely getting cabin fever already and is extremely feisty. She's insisting on playing football and constantly bringing her ball to our feet and her poor toy dog has been positively savaged.

Looking at her here makes me thing its time for the summer 'teddybear' cut, but I'm always a little wary about doing it too early. Remember its Melbourne after all. Supposedly the temperatures are forecast to be around the high 20's for the next few days, so I think we may be safe.

I can't help thinking what a pampered pooch she is.....she's devouring a lamb bone here.


But then not all dogs have such a life.
On a serious note.... there was a protest rally held today in Melbourne against puppy farming.
For almost two decades Debra Tranter has dedicated her life to exposing the mistreatment taking place in secluded sheds across the country. She sacrificed her 90K job, suffered burglaries, and assaults and even has an 'if Mum gets arrested and goes to jail' plan for her kids.
She came up with the idea of Oscar's Law.

Here's Oscar.....

Oscar was one of a number of dogs who were rescued from a puppy factory in central Victoria where they had been neglected to the point they required urgent veterinary care.
Oscar’s Law Campaign is in memory of all the ‘Oscars’ hidden away on factory farms treated as breeding machines to supply the pet industry.
For an update on Oscar and more information please go to Oscar's Law and make a difference. The power is in your hands

3 comments:

  1. I see you got the Conversion Tables sorted out. Hooray! How did you do it in the end? Blogger gadgets are sometime not easy to use, are they?

    Your blog is looking good, and full of interesting stuff. I wish you every success with it, and hope that it gives you as much pleasure as mine does for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I tried as you suggested but like you the text kept changing to double line spacing, but eventually I got there ;D
    Thanks again for your help and encouragement. It means a lot to me having positive feedback from someone who’s obviously in a different league to me.
    We had a huge thunderstorm last night so I'm away to check what damage may have occurred on my little veg plot. Hopefully very little - my fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra Tranter is a hero for sure! I only found out about her a month or two back through some animal rescue pages I follow on Facebook. It really upsets me that humans continually exploit animals all over the world for their own greed. They don't care what sort of abuse and pain they inflict on the poor animals. May they reap their Karma 100-fold! Puppy mills are horrendous places that should be outlawed with severe penalties in place.

    I'm not sure what surgery Muffin had (spay ?)...but glad to hear all went well and judging, from current pic seen of her up at your dining table, no lasting trauma. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...