“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Monday 5 September 2011

Random Ramblings

I've got such a lot of random thoughts to list today, so this post may well end up complete gobbledegook. But then having a natter over a cuppa can sometimes cover vast subjects, so hopefully you have your cuppa at the ready and are sitting comfortably for a few mins....

Firstly, I feel I really didn't do justice to the fact that Melbourne was voted Best City in the World to live in. Well, my excuse is that it was Friday night. I'd also have had to spend days travelling through the city to cover all what’s available here and still I'd probably feel I'd short changed it.
But then if your reading this in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide then you’ll probably be glad I scooted over that fact : )

Anyway.....moving on quickly (it’s a dodgy subject here - lots of rivalry between city's as to which City is the best)

Yesterday's sun and temperature just lit the flame under the Wisteria. Whoosh....lots of flowers appeared. The perfume is wonderful too. By the way, the two windows are to my OH's work shed. Sheer bliss, he can tinker away for hours in there. Peace......


The sun also produced these little flowers. I'm thrilled because the freesia's that I bought at the Melbourne Flower Festival last year have started to flower too.


Talking of which...peace that is.....we became 'Empty Nesters' over the weekend. I know you're supposed to long for the day when you've done your job and your chicks have flown, but I'm not sure I like it. Oh yes, there's good bits, but in general I found it a little strange and I'm not sure I like it.
It's only for a short time, but it’s given me the feel of what's to come.....Argh! I'm going to have to get on with all those projects I've been putting off. They'll be no excuse soon.

Randomly wandering subject wise now....I'm a little excited about this next project, although its hardly a project really. Our new Pot Bellied Stove or Chiminea!
We've just bought it ready for when those night are good enough to sit out, but you need a little something to keep the chill at bay (well I'm never happy when the temperature drops below 16C, hence being in Melbourne at the moment and not in the UK). So I'm constantly looking for wood to have a decent stock pile ready.
My sister has had one of these fires for years in the UK and we've spent many an enjoyable evening sitting in her garden huddled around it. Well it is the UK after all. It’s always been on my agenda to get one, so I'm a happy bunny now : D
We just have to wait for the right conditions to christen her.
I reckon it’s a female with that shape...what do you think?



A change of subject again....

I've decided that this garden is overrun with snails. They seem to be lurking everywhere. This little chappie was climbing up the wall by the side of the pool. I think he's got his eye on me. Maybe he knows I know the secret about the Cayenne Pepper! I'll leave them all in peace just so long as they stay away from my veggies. Who ate all the Broccoli?

Here's another but I have to admit I didn't know they could climb tree's too.


I love the light through the leaves.
I have to tell you in order to get this photo I had to balance on a chair again. 
Highrise living for his chap, he's about 7 feet up in this Hibiscus bush.

And here's one thats had a house move.....


"No longer known at this address...,.please forward snail mail".... ; )

Well that's it for this post....cuppa over. 
Chat soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...