“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 21 October 2011

Singapore Chilli Prawns....

As I thought, by the time I'd got myself organised last night it was too late to take photos of the Singapore Chilli Prawns that we had for dinner...but I have to say they were delicious, so I thought I'd let you see the recipe. They were so quick and easy, which is always a winner in my book.


I keep saying that I'm not a big fan of seafood, but I slowly seem to be converting. Each time I try a recipe I'm won over. It could be that the seafood/fish produce is exceptional here. The added plus is that they are so quick and easy to cook. You have to ensure that they are super fresh though and that you don't overcook the dish otherwise there's nothing worse.

I used to be so nervous about cooking seafood but I've moved on so much since then. Maybe all the Masterchef and Cookery Programmes are finally paying off.

Here's the recipe....I hope you try it and enjoy its simplicity but packed with fantastic flavour......
{This photo was from another time....I like to use all my own photo's as much as possible.
I used fresh King Prawns last night for the Singapore Chilli Recipe}

Recipe for Singapore chilli prawns - serves 4

2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 x 5 cm piece ginger, finely sliced

2 fresh red chillies, finely sliced
16 fresh raw prawns, (about 1 kg)
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
6 tbsp tomato ketchup
250 ml hot chicken stock
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp cornflour
3 greens spring onions, finely sliced

Method
1. Heat a wok over a high heat.
2. Add the oil and fry the garlic, ginger and chillies for 30 seconds, whilst stirring.
3. Add the prawns and cook over high heat for 1 minute ~ tossing well.

4.Add the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, stock, salt and sugar to the pan.
5. Bring to the boil, stirring well.
6. Simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Add the cornflour paste to the pan, stirring well.
8. Add the spring onions (scallions) and toss.

If you wish accompany either with rice or noodles and beansprouts. Or why not a mixture of them all? They all taste great.
I added my noodles into the wok at the end of cooking the prawns. This way they get coated in the wonderful tasty sauce.
Sprinkle with a few spring onions on the top or coriander leaves to add greenery and that cheffy look.
Enjoy! ; D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...