“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 25 January 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY ~ Wednesday 25th January 2012

Outside my window...I've got a different view today as I'm sitting in the family room looking out into the outdoor entertaining area. The sun is there doing its thing and giving everything a bright healthy glow. There's just a gentle breeze rustling through all the plants who are all waiting for their evening drink.

I am thinking...this post today has to be a little quicker than usual because I have places to go and people to see....more a little later. I'll try and make it up to you promise...

I am thankful...to have this blog because it really has sprouted legs and is running. Thanks to you all of course because without you  ~ what would be the point? I really appreciate it : )

In the kitchen...There's a lasagne in the making....

I am wearing...my pink spotty cotton robe as I'm fresh out of the shower.

I am creating...my new Pinterest noticeboards. Take a peek at the button on the right ----->
I'm so thrilled that I've managed to do it all without the aid of a net! I know some people say its user friendly etc but until I manage these techy things myself I reserve judgement...but I'm sorted and just needing more time to load the photos.

I am going...to the Tennis Open tonight! So keep an eye out for me on the TV ; D

I am wondering...if I can get my hair dry, dressed and ready to go in about 30 mins...EEK!


I am reading...


It's every parent's worst nightmare to hear that there has been a shooting at their child's school. But what would you do if it was your son that committed the atrocity? Shriver's horror story is told through letters that Eva writes to her estranged husband, Franklin. It's years after their son, Kevin, murdered seven of his classmates and a teacher, and Eva painstakingly analyzes their life up to that point to try and see what went wrong: was she a bad mother? Was Kevin just an evil person? What could they have done differently? We Need to Talk About Kevin is a suspenseful read, even when you know the ending and Shriver's story will stick with you long after you put it down.

About this author
:-
Lionel Shriver's novels include the New York Times bestseller The Post-Birthday World and the international bestseller We Need to Talk About Kevin, which won the 2005 Orange Prize and has now sold over a million copies worldwide. Earlier books include Double Fault, A Perfectly Good Family, and Checker and the Derailleurs. Her novels have been translated into twenty-five languages. Her journalism has appeared in the Guardian, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and many other publications. She lives in London and Brooklyn, New York.
I think it may be one for our book club...

I am hoping...Muffin doesn't give me one of her looks when she knows I'm going out ^..^

I am looking forward to...tonight.

Around the house...my birthday cards are still standing. I usually leave cards up for a few days because
1. They are lovely to have and appreciate.
2. They can be so expensive so to only have them for the day seems wasteful.
3. With being overseas my family send cards but they don't always arrive on the date...so this way they catch up.


A favourite quote for today...
My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment ~ Oprah Winfrey

One of my favorite things...walking Muffin in the morning with a friend : D


A few plans for the rest of the week: Along with Chinese New Year on Monday, it was also my birthday and on Thursday it'll be Australia Day (a public holiday) so its been a really full on week. We're off to friends to celebrate tomorrow, so probably we'll need a quiet relaxing weekend...but who knows?

A peek into my day... although its not a peek into my day today, but I'll be watching Andy Murray play his match today with my fingers crossed, so I remembered another day when I watched him play...

 This is an old photo taken at the Qatar Tennis Open in Doha. Andy Murray won...and I'm hoping that I won't put the jinx on him carrying on in the Melbourne Tennis Open today by posting this.
He's about to play on court shortly so I want to finish posting so I can give it my full attention.
When I think back to living in Qatar, one of the great privileges living there, was to be able to see all the tennis matches with all the top tennis players of the time. We went every year that we lived there and never had any problem getting tickets, even for the centre court and they were free...yep that's not a typing error ~ they were FREE!

How lucky...
I thought you might like to see the trophy too.

Apologies for the focus on this photo (this was before my blogging days) but you can make out the gold falcon...plus the cheque hiding behind the chest and there was a gold saber (not sure if that's what you'd call it) Not bad eh?
See Andy can smile : D
Don't worry I have photos of Nadal and Federer too. I'm not sure I've got one of Novak Djokovic but I'll look to check and maybe I'll do a post another day.  Must dash.......

And that's it for this week, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Don't forget to pop over to the The simple womans daybook and check out the other day book entries
Have fun : D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...