“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Monday 6 August 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY ~ Monday 6th August 2012

Outside my window...It's bright and breezy. I can feel it's cold outside and the temperature is reading 6 degree's which if you know me is 10 degree's lower than I like! The sun has arrived but there are cloud's on the low horizon, which I suppose could bring a shower or two this way. We'll have to see.
I noticed yesterday that the winter hanging manager is looking really quite good...it has some flowers appearing now and it's filling out nicely. The rest of the garden is shouting out for my attention but if I'm going to listen I'll have to wrap up first I think...but once I get started I suppose I'll get warm enough. I think Muffin and Zac will be willing to do their part...sitting in the sun watching me work!
   

I am thinking...what it might feel like to run like Usain Bolt...I've never been able to run! 
 

I am thankful...for Mother Nature....for covering our earth with such wonders. Even on a simple walk around your neighbourhood can bring to light such beautiful sights...you just have to have your eyes open and look. 
I also watched a BBC Wiildlife programme yesterday, which had spectacular photographs, beautiful music, facts and incredibly interesting details. I don't think anyone else can do this kind of programme as well...oh well maybe National Geographic I suppose...they could be a close match.  ;D
So I think I should actually add the BBC to my list of things to be thankful for, because over my years of roaming the globe...I could always rely on its news and their world service to keep all the news and events within your radar. I suppose life's a little different now with having the internet but I still love watching the BBC!


In the kitchen...there's a lemon tart in the fridge. (with a few segments missing!) 
With such an abundance of lemons around just now...what can you do?
I am wearing...warm gear ready to head out of the door for our morning walk...thermals, leggings, and a cosy fleece. I think I might even wear my quilted coat which is like taking my dunna (duvet) with me. Perfect for early morning walks.

I am creating...Two new designs at the moment...one for the Artist Playroom challenge for Friday (head over there if you'd like to join in the fun ~ click here to check it out) Also a new design for my own card collection. I'm really excited about this new design and looking forward to spending some quality time this week completing it. Oh okay...if you must know it's a frog! ;D

I am going...to prepare my work to present to a publishing card company. Nothing ventured nothing gained so I'll keep my fingers crossed and if anything happens I'll certainly be shouting from the rooftops!


I am wondering...whether I feel brave enough to use my new pressure cooker tonight? I'll have to read the instruction manuel first which is a BIG deal because I never read manuals, but this baby frightens me. I've been told by everyone that its a must before you start to use it. (Groan)
My sister has used one all her married life, but I only have to see it hissing away in her kitchen to send me into a tizzy fit and vacate the room. I'm really not such a woos usually but this thing just gets to me.

I'm reading...(I promise this will be different next time I write my Daybook)
The Seamstress by María Dueñas. I KNOW...I can't believe I'm still reading this book either!
I must
emphasise that it has nothing to do with the book. I am enjoying reading it, but I've just not been able to allocate enough time to it. I manage a few pages last thing at night but my eyelids give way!
I think I should be on track for our next book club meeting which is this week!!! Eek! 

My reading seems to be taking a back seat just now, but it's a good read and I am enjoying it....here's a few details....


Maria Duenas' million copy best-selling tale of adventure, tragedy, love and war, "The Seamstress". Spain, on the brink of civil war, 1936. In love for the first time, Sira Quiroga leaves Madrid, along with everything she knows and cares about, to run away to Tangiers, Morocco with her lover Ramiro. She entrusts him with all her inheritance only to be left by him - pregnant, penniless and in trouble with the authorities. At her lowest ebb Sira falls back on the one skill she possesses: sewing. Moving to Tetouan, Sira survives by sewing beautiful clothes for the English mistress of one of the most powerful men in Morocco and for her German friends. As the women unguardedly gossip about their husbands and lovers, Sira is placed in a position very valuable to the British secret service, and she is soon forced to move to Madrid where great danger lies. A grand and epic story that tells the story of Spain's civil war, Madrid in the Second World War and reveals a world of war, glamour, espionage and passion. "A wonderful novel with intrigue, love, mystery and tender, audacious and clean-cut characters". (Mario Vargas Llosa). "A magnificent novel that flawlessly brings together history and intrigue". (Juan Gomez-Jurado, author of "The Moses Expedition"). Maria Duenas holds a PhD in English Philology and is currently a professor at the University of Murcia. She has also taught at American universities, is the author of several academic articles, and has participated in various educational, cultural and editorial projects. She is currently writing her second novel which she'll probably have finished before I finish this one.
 
I am hoping...to take more of my designs to the local printers this week. The next collection include the zangeroo, koala, kookaburra, magpie and hopefully the new design...a frog to name but a few. There will also be the mushrooms too. It's so interesting even for me seeing my work in print...I can't wait.
 
I am looking forward to...warmer weather.  It's not been a particularly harsh winter here, especially if you compare it to a Canadian or British winter but just the same I'm ready to lose the layers...or at least the thermals and fleece.
 
Around the house...Dust I suppose if I look hard enough...but I don't really want to look. 
It's nothing like when we lived in the Middle East where my son used to write 'hello' on the furniture after a dust storm....which could be so embarrassing if guests arrived and I hadn't noticed it! 
I know there's dust about because my OH starts to sneeze more than normal and then I realise that I haven't hoovered for a wee while. Other than that we're all tidy today.

A favourite quote for today... Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies. ~ Ann Landers



One of my favourite things...I know I've said this before but it has to be this blog! It's even taken over from my books which is unbelievable but it's a fact! 
Writing the posts that sometimes I have no idea when I sit down to write what will come out or where it will take me. The people I've met along the way so far from all over the world. I'm always so thrilled when someone takes the time to visit and especially if they leave a comment to let me know they've visited. Then there's my follower's which really is such a compliment that people like what I natter about and want to spend some time with me regularly. So I suppose here's a great opportunity to say a HUGE  'Thank you so much and I really appreciate each and everyone of you" 
Feel free to pop by anytime and I'll have the kettle on...
    
A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, rest and play but not necessarily in that order : D
 
A peek into my day...  
How blue is that sky?
Magnificent isn't it? And the yellow of the Wattle just set it off perfectly.
The Acacia pycnantha (Golden Wattle) is Australia's floral emblem. It is a tree which flowers in late winter and spring, producing a mass of fragrant, fluffy, golden flowers.  

 So that's it for this week; I hope you enjoyed your visit. Don't forget to pop over to The Simple Womans Daybook and check out the other day book entries
Have a fabulous week and hopefully the sun will shine wherever you are : D

6 comments:

  1. sounds like you are busy busy, best wishes on your card venture, they will love your work, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Laurie, especially for taking time at the moment to come and visit me. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love you daybook as always Neesie. You always have so much food here to take in, for the eyes, for the heart, for the mind . . . just lovely. I wish you great luck with your card venture! I keep slogging mine too, but so far nobody has bitten. Hoping you have much better luck! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so kind Marie,
      I haven't written a daybook for a little while, so thought it was about time ;D

      I don't know what the winning formula is for selling cards as there seem to be really fantastic artists out there trying to make a success of their work.

      I think we just need to stick at it...I've been told these things do take time. (sigh)

      As long as we just keep enjoying what we're doing, that's the main thing and maybe our reward will come ~ fingers crossed for us both! :D

      Have a productive and creative week...and thanks again for you're kind comments. It's always good to see you xoxo

      Delete
  3. That wattle made me smile from ear to ear... I just LOVE Wattle. I know for some allergies are an issue so my gratitude for it not affecting me is HUGE. Bestest of luck your cards and the publishing company... you go girl!
    Have a superb week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did me too :D
      I stopped right in my tracks to capture it, but it's unfortunate that the photo hasn't the perfume wafting with it...it was incredible.
      I don't think the dog's were impressed at stopping mid walk, but I think they're getting used to me by now ^..^
      Both my hubby and son suffer with allergies but I don't think the Wattle affects them thankfully.
      Thanks for your support with my cards ~ I really appreciate it. You've been so encouraging and I'm truly grateful.
      Have a wonderful week too...I'll be across to visit soon...so pop that kettle on! xoxo

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...